All of the doctors perform some minor surgery and Dr. McCormick has a particular interest in minor surgical procedures. Dr. McCormick is a member of the Primary Care Surgical Association of Ireland which is a grouping of General Practitioners with an interest in minor surgery.
The new Medical Centre in Clonbrusk is equipped with a sterilisation suite and minor surgical operating suite which is appropriately equipped to carry out a range of minor surgical procedures in a safe and sterile fashion.
Procedures carried out:
- Suturing of wounds
- Removal of in-growing toenails and permanent eradication of the outer fold of the nail growth plate reducing the risk of recurrence
- Removal of sebaceous cysts and other cysts from the skin
- Removal of cysts from the eye (Meibomian Cyst or Chalazion)
- Removal of moles and unwanted skin tags
- Excision of retention cysts inside the mouth and on the lip
- Excision of facial and other cysts
- Biopsy of skin lesions including incisional biopsy excisional, shave and curettage.
- Excision of non-melanoma skin cancers
- Removal of lipomas
- Incision and drainage of thrombosed external haemorrhoids
- Division of frenulum in tongue tie and with the foreskin
- Removal and insertion of Mirena and Implanon
These procedures are carried out on a daily basis and can be arranged with doctors concerned